FAQ: How Many Words Are In The New Testament?
- 1 How many English words are in the New Testament?
- 2 How many texts does the New Testament have?
- 3 How many pages does the New Testament have?
- 4 What percentage of the New Testament is from the Old Testament?
- 5 What is the smallest Bible verse?
- 6 How long after Jesus died was the Bible written?
- 7 Who really wrote the New Testament?
- 8 What is the difference between the old and New Testament?
- 9 What is the middle word in the Bible?
- 10 Which book of the Bible is longest?
- 11 How many words are in the KJV New Testament?
- 12 How many pages of the Bible should I read a day?
- 13 How many hours does it take to read the Bible?
- 14 What era does the Old Testament cover?
How many English words are in the New Testament?
The website Open Thou Mine Eyes lists the New International Version as having a word count of either 727,969 words or 726,109 words, the English Standard Version having 757,439 words and the New American Standard Bible 782,815 words. Another source states that the New American Standard Bible has 807,36110 words.
How many texts does the New Testament have?
The New Testament consists of 27 books, which are the residue, or precipitate, out of many 1st–2nd-century-…
How many pages does the New Testament have?
As a result, a relatively short book ends up running to 368 pages, not counting front matter. The KJV NT, which is a much, much longer text, runs to only 421 pages, excluding front matter.
What percentage of the New Testament is from the Old Testament?
The Bible is approximately 77% Old Testament and 23% New Testament. The Old Testament began with the books of Moses about 1,200 to 1,300 B.C. and reaches to Malachi about 445 B.C. for a total of about 750–850 years. The New Testament covers about 60-65 years.
What is the smallest Bible verse?
“Jesus wept” (Koinē Greek: ἐδάκρυσεν ὁ Ἰησοῦς, romanized: edákrusen ho Iēsoûs, pronounced [ɛˈdakrysɛn (h)o i. eˈsus]) is a phrase famous for being the shortest verse in the King James Version of the Bible, as well as many other versions.
How long after Jesus died was the Bible written?
Written over the course of almost a century after Jesus ‘ death, the four gospels of the New Testament, though they tell the same story, reflect very different ideas and concerns. A period of forty years separates the death of Jesus from the writing of the first gospel.
Who really wrote the New Testament?
Traditionally, 13 of the 27 books of the New Testament were attributed to Paul the Apostle, who famously converted to Christianity after meeting Jesus on the road to Damascus and wrote a series of letters that helped spread the faith throughout the Mediterranean world.
What is the difference between the old and New Testament?
The New Testament focuses more on the life and teachings of Jesus and the Christian church. The Old Testament explains the history of the creation of the World, the exodus of Israelites, and the Ten Commandments given to Moses by God. The New Testament is the second major division of the Christian Bible.
What is the middle word in the Bible?
The word Jehovah occurs 6,855 times. The middle book of the Old Testament is Proverbs. The middle chapter is Job XXIX.
Which book of the Bible is longest?
- There are 929 chapters in the Old Testament.
- There are 260 chapters in the New Testament.
- This gives a total of 1,189 chapters (on average, 18 per book).
- Psalm 117, the shortest chapter, is also the middle chapter of the Bible, being the 595th Chapter.
- Psalm 119 is the longest chapter of the Bible.
How many words are in the KJV New Testament?
The New Testament consists of 260 chapters, divided into 7,959 verses or roughly 184,600 words. This would give our typical bible 1,189 chapters. These are made up of 31,173 verses and using a rough word count, this amounts to 807,370 words, although the King James Authorized Bible has 783,137 words.
How many pages of the Bible should I read a day?
Count your pages. Take the number of pages in your edition of the Bible, and divide it by 365. Then, read that number of pages every day. For example, if your edition of the Bible has 1,760 pages, that’s 4.8 pages a day. Round up and read 5 pages a day.
How many hours does it take to read the Bible?
It takes only 52 hours and 20 minutes to read the Old Testament, and just 18 hours and 20 minutes to read the New Testament. The longest book, Psalms, will take just 4 hours and 28 minutes.
What era does the Old Testament cover?
It is estimated that the chronology of the Old Testament covers more than 1500 years, from approximately 2000 b.c. to 400 b.c. The setting of the Old Testament is the ancient Near East (or Middle East), extending from Mesopotamia in the northeast (modern-day Iraq) down to the Nile River in Egypt in the southwest.