How Many Verses In New Testament?
- 1 How many words are in the KJV New Testament?
- 2 What verses are missing from the NIV Bible?
- 3 What is the shortest book in the Bible King James Version?
- 4 Which version of the Bible is closest to the original text?
- 5 Is the NIV a good Bible?
- 6 What is the difference between NIV and KJV?
- 7 What is the first verse in the Bible?
- 8 Which book of the Bible is longest?
- 9 Who wrote most of the New Testament?
- 10 What was the age of Jesus when he was baptized?
- 11 What are some good Bible trivia questions?
- 12 What book in the Bible was written by a woman?
How many words are in the KJV New Testament?
New King James Bible: 770,430 words.
What verses are missing from the NIV Bible?
The sixteen omitted verses
- (1) Matthew 17:21.
- (2) Matthew 18:11.
- (3) Matthew 23:14.
- (4) Mark 7:16.
- (5 & 6) Mark 9:44 & 9:46.
- (7) Mark 11:26.
- (8) Mark 15:28.
- (9) Luke 17:36.
What is the shortest book in the Bible King James Version?
Psalm 117 is the 117th psalm of the Book of Psalms, beginning in English in the King James Version: “O praise the LORD, all ye nations: praise him, all ye people. “. In Latin, it is known as Laudate Dominum. Consisting of only two verses, Psalm 117 is the shortest psalm and also the shortest chapter in the whole Bible.
Which version of the Bible is closest to the original text?
The New American Standard Bible is a literal translation from the original texts, well suited to study because of its accurate rendering of the source texts. It follows the style of the King James Version but uses modern English for words that have fallen out of use or changed their meanings.
Is the NIV a good Bible?
The “ NIV Zondervan Study Bible ” is appealing to the same market of people who want a reliable, traditional text that’s easy to read. The theological profiles of the the ESV and NIV study Bibles are very similar. A few scholars even worked on both study Bibles.
What is the difference between NIV and KJV?
Today’s KJV reads at a 12th-grade level. The New King James Version (NKJV) reads at a 9th-grade reading level, while the New International Version ( NIV reads at a 7th-grade level. The NIV also adheres closely to the literal texts but provides more of an intended meaning of Scripture.
What is the first verse in the Bible?
Genesis 1:1 is the first verse of the first chapter in the Book of Genesis in the Bible and the opening of the Genesis creation narrative, in English usually rendered “In the beginning, God created the heavens and earth”.
Which book of the Bible is longest?
- There are 929 chapters in the Old Testament.
- There are 260 chapters in the New Testament.
- This gives a total of 1,189 chapters (on average, 18 per book).
- Psalm 117, the shortest chapter, is also the middle chapter of the Bible, being the 595th Chapter.
- Psalm 119 is the longest chapter of the Bible.
Who wrote most of the New Testament?
The Pauline letters are the thirteen New Testament books that present Paul the Apostle as their author. Paul’s authorship of six of the letters is disputed.
What was the age of Jesus when he was baptized?
Age 30 was, significantly, the age at which the Levites began their ministry and the rabbis their teaching. When Jesus “began to be about thirty years of age,” he went to be baptized of John at the river Jordan.
What are some good Bible trivia questions?
New Testament Bible Trivia Questions for Kids
- Where was Jesus born?
- How many apostles did Jesus have?
- What is the name of the disciple who betrayed Jesus?
- How did Jesus die?
- Who gave Jesus gifts when he was born?
- With what did Jesus feed 5000 people?
What book in the Bible was written by a woman?
Three texts that are not only about women, but which are also explicitly attributed to women in the text of the Bible, are the Song of Deborah,3 the Song of the Mother of King Lemuel,4 and Hannah’s Prayer.